Monday, August 9, 2010

Cooking

Let me start by saying I have a passion for cooking. I am not the best at it, but I love learning new tips & tricks and trying new recipes. My Mother in law has two bookshelves in the kitchen both stuffed full of nothing but cookbooks. & I love flipping through the books and finding something new to try for dinner. Sometimes I make a delicious meal, and other times it ends up going in the trash because no one can stand to eat it (yes, that has happened a few times). Nonetheless, I enjoy making a nice home cooked meal for my family and all of us sitting around the dinner table eating it up; so the rewards outweigh the occasional embarrassments.

With all that being said, I was laying in bed Friday night, flipping through the channels. Enjoying a moment to watch whatever I want on TV because it is Shark Week and my husband has had our TV on the Discovery Channel all. week. long.

I found Julie & Julia on one of the movie channels. I had heard of this movie before but never watched any of it so I decided to watch the first few minutes and see what it was all about. Once I started watching, I couldn't stop. & I found it quite inspiring. When the movie was over, I came downstairs, logged into blogger, and somehow stumbled across this blog. What a coincidence, right? After reading her blog I started looking for the cookbook she's using and finally found Ree Drummond's site. I browsed through some of her recipes and decided I need her cookbook! Her recipes sound so yummy!!! And I want to try all of them. I immediately ordered the book on amazon and then went back to her site to find a recipe to try right away.

Don't get your hopes up ;) I will not be working my way through the whole book and blogging about every recipe I make... That is too much work. But one of the tasks on my 101 in 1001 list is to try a new recipe every day for a week... I will be using her recipes, and I started that task today...

I made her Blueberry Crumb Cake. & Oh my gosh. It was deeeelicious. Hubbs tore into it and the kids gobbled it up real fast. It will definitely be added to my collection of recipes. Yum yum! Also, my book came today! Now its time to go find something to try tomorrow :)

Monday - Blueberry Crumb Cake
Tuesday - Potato Skins
Wednesday - French Breakfast Puffs
Thursday - Chicken Fried Steak
Friday - Sour Cream Pancakes


PS... Did you realize today is 8.9.10

1 comment:

Lori said...

I LOVE to cook but rarely get the time since the 3rd daughter came along! I look forward to seeing and hearing about all of your new recipes!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...