Sunday, August 8, 2010

Circus Time

We went to the Circus yesterday. I never went as a child so this was my first time to go. I was excited about going and I was excited for the kids because I knew they would enjoy it. But there was some doubt in my mind as to whether I would have a good time. Every time I hear about the Circus, the thought of the instructors abusing or hurting the animals always lingers in the back of my mind. I can't stand that thought. However, I figured once I got to the Circus and saw the animals and saw my children's faces light up in excitement, those horrible thoughts of what the animals go through would not be present.

I was wrong. So wrong.

I could barely stand to watch because the animals looked so sad and helpless. It made me sad.

Not to mention, I am terribly afraid of heights and just watching the acrobats hanging 50 feet above me, freaks me out. It put knots in my stomach. Ick. The Circus was not a good place for me.

Gavin had a great time, though. He was dancing to the music, laughing at the clowns, and amazed by the animals. The Circus left him with a lasting impression and he's already begging to go back. Next time, Daddy will have to take him.

Gavin and Auntie

Gavin's eyes were glued to the stage

Kenna on the other hand, my wild child, I thought she would be totally into it.

She slept through the whole first half.

Woke up during intermission, and stuffed her pretty little face with popcorn the whole second half.
She wasn't at all impressed. Guess she's just like Mommy.

Go to the Circus.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...