Monday, August 23, 2010

1st day of school

Aahh he's at school. My little man is enduring his first day of school. His first day of being without Mommy, Daddy or another family member looking over him. He is with strangers; people that he will soon call his friends.

He went to bed kind of late last night, woke up around 10 this morning, picked out his toy story shirt, got dressed, and packed his lunch all by 10:30.




Then he sat and watched TV for a while before I got my camera out and started taking pictures. Before I knew it, we were at school, surrounded by other children and parents. Gav was quiet, and didn't say much. We had a parent meeting in the library, he got his name tag, and we headed to the cafeteria for lunch. Hubbs and I stayed with him for lunch today, and he told us about how he was excited for school and recess and story time, and puppet shows. He was so excited. Then lunch time was over and it was time for Mommy and Daddy to leave. I was not ready to leave yet. I watched him get in line behind his teacher, and walk out of the cafeteria with a smile on his face.


I was getting calls and texts while we were at the school so as soon as we left I started calling family members telling them how well he did. Telling them that he was such a big boy, explaining how proud of him I am. I thought today was going to be pretty hard for him, and that he might cry or have a hard time going to class without Mommy and Daddy. I guess it's just me, because I'm the one that teared up watching him walk in a single file line to class. He never even looked back to say bye, he was too excited for what was to come.


I cant wait to pick him up from school today and hear about how it went and what he did. I hope he has so much fun and makes new friends.

It's hard for me to see my little baby man growing up.



2 comments:

Nikole said...

This made me cry. I love you! Your amazing!

Lori said...

Awesome Post!!! Congrats Momon getting through that milestone!! He'll always be your baby - even if in public you call him a little man ;) (((HUGS)))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...