Tuesday, June 22, 2010

At my wits end

Well well well. It seems Gavin is not completely potty trained after all. Let me start from the beginning of this whole mess I'm in... Before he was peeing in the potty, my grandmother told me that it's easiest to potty train boys during the summer because you can let them pee in the backyard. So, that's what I did. Told Gav he could pee in the backyard. And guess what... That did the trick! He loved being able to go outside and pee without worrying about making it into the toilet (apparently that is a difficult task). I didn't care though, as long as he wasn't wearing pull ups anymore. And for a while he was also pooping in the potty. But then one day that all changed.

I heard him open the back door.
I went outside to see what he was doing; I opened the door to find him standing in the backyard, stripped of his shorts and underwear, and pooping (yes, like a dog) in the grass.

Oh. My. Gosh.

I demanded he come inside that instant, and finish pooping in the potty. I also informed him that I did not EVER want him pooping outside again, or I would have him sleeping out there with the dogs. I thought that was the end of my nightmare. But no, a few days later the same thing happened. And then again a few days after that. Well finally, I got a diaper and put that on him. He didn't like it so much. & has now decided he will no longer poop outside. Except now he is just holding it. All. The. Time. I don't know what it is about sitting on the toilet to poop, but he won't do it. What is a mother to do? How did you get your child to poop in the potty?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This must be so frustrating for you...I wish I had some advice. I do have to admit though that I was literally laughing out loud during this post. If it makes you feel any better my daughter pooped in the bathtub the other night! She's no where near ready to potty train yet though

Nikole said...

Aww you poor thing. I wish I had some magic trick to tell you, but I don't. Poor Gav, he must have been confused. Trevor loves to pee outside too, but he hasn't pooped outside yet. :/ Just give it a little more time hun, your doing a great job!

Unknown said...

I haven't started potty training yet. My next door neighbor has finished. She had a huge Thomas the Train sticker book her son could play with only while pooping.

Krista said...

This can be very frustrating. I have two boys they are 4 and 2 almost three. My oldest Ashton was potty trained at about 2. At least to pee in the potty and by three he was pooping in the potty, but he would only use the "little potty" like those ones you get at walmart for toddlers for some reason he was always scared of the big one and would hold it if he didn't have his "little potty" with him. So we had to bring that dang thing with us everywhere. Have you tried using a "little potty"? if not that is what I would suggest ;) hope it helps.

Best Wishes,
Krista
http://www.kristadelisle.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...