Thursday, April 15, 2010

Stressed.

Ahh! I haven't blogged in so long!!! I feel like I need to blog! It's my way of venting, and helps preserve my sanity! And I totally need that right now because I have been super stressed lately.

So I took Gavin to the dentist yesterday. This was the first time he had ever been to the dentist, and Kris was working and could not go with me. To make a long story short, I had both kids (screaming their heads off, I might add), a retard for a dentist, and a nurse that barely spoke English (I couldn't understand a word out of her mouth). It was just a horrible experience. Horrible. And that is putting it mildly. The retard, uh I mean... dentist, informed me that Gavin has cavities that need crowns ASAP. I called Kris on my way home, trying to hold it together in front of the kids, but completely broke down. Started bawling my eyes out and ranting about how stressed I am. Poor Kris, it takes a lot to put up with my mood swings, and he does it extremely well. I went on about how I should be brushing Gavin's teeth better and he shouldn't be drinking soda and that dentist was a moron and I couldn't get the kids under control and blah blah blah. He calmed me down, reassured me that things were going to be okay, and told me he would find another dentist. Kris called Gavin's surgeon and asked for them to refer us to a dentist that they trust. So now we have a new appointment, with a new dentist on the 28th. This dentist actually had a cleft lip and palate, and he treats a lot of Dr. Fearon's (Gavin's surgeon) patients so I have a lot of faith and trust in him. And this time I am taking someone with me to help tame my out-of-control children. Although after the traumatizing experience Gavin had yesterday, I doubt he will handle "going to the dentist again" very well.

So that is just one of the many things I am currently stressing over. There are plenty more but I will not bore you with them.

How about some good news? Gavin's first tball game was awesome! He had a lot of fun and the kids got the "running after you hit the ball" part down pretty quickly. Here are some pictures from the game....

Gavin hit the first ball of the game!
And since Daddy couldn't be there, Pop'op was there to help!
Kenna watching the kids play ball.

So we all had a good time and Gav is very excited about his game this weekend. We're supposed to have practice tonight but I think its going to rain so we'll see. I'm going to try to keep my stress to a minimum today :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...