Thursday, November 18, 2010

Cooking FAIL

I'm not a big fan of pork but we had a pork shoulder in the freezer and I needed to cook it up asap (it's been in there for a while). So I started looking for a good crock pot recipe. I came across a lot of them but nothing that sounded appealing to me. Then I found one from a blog and it sounded better than any of the others I'd seen so I decided to try it out. All the ingredients sounded good to me and I had them all on hand. As I was throwing them all in the crock pot I got a whiff of the apple cider vinegar (which I have never used before) and almost gagged. Guh-ross. I thought for a second I may have just ruined the pork, then thought maybe it would cook out and wouldn't be so strong after 10 hours in the crock pot.

I should have listened to my first instinct.

It was totally disgusting. I was so disappointed. I'm never ever ever using apple cider vinegar again. I couldn't even eat the pork. Hubbs and the kids wouldn't eat it either. My MIL said she liked it so at least it's not going to waste. I think she was just being nice though!

Total fail. I should just stick to chicken and beef.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Was your vinegar bad? Cause normally apple cider vin is yummy! Sorry it was a yucky meal. Nothing worse than working hard and having it come out bad. :(

Erin said...

:( Sorry. Yuck. Yup that instinct is a pain when you don't listen to it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...