Monday, April 26, 2010

It's been interesting...

The past week or so. The day my last post was written, Kris lost his job. They just let him go. Said he wasn't "right for the company" but I cant blame them, he hated working there and I guess they picked up on that. But hey, it was a paycheck! No more. So he is home with us again, searching for work!!

Kenna got over her stomach virus. We just let it run its course and now she's fine :) Saturday morning, we woke up and went to pancake house for breakfast. Half way through the meal, Gavin barfed in his plate. Yes, as we were all enjoying our delicious pancakes. Poor kid. After that we paid the bill and bolted. I had a lot of errands to run that day so I dropped the boys off at home and Kenna and I went shopping. I got a phone call from Kris saying Gavin had diarrhea twice since I left and was throwing up again. Poor baby. He was SO not feeling well. So all day Saturday he was like this. My poor husband, he was the one cleaning it all up. (Hey, I have a weak stomach!) I thought we were going to have to cancel his bday party the next day and he was so bummed about it. But that night he fell asleep around 8pm, which is record breaking for Gavin. He slept all night and was up at 6:30 the next morning acting like his normal self; Running around chasing the dogs, doing back flips off the couch, and using the bed as a trampoline. He seemed much better and wanted to go on with the party, so we did. It was totally chaotic (more on that later) but he had fun. We got home and were putting some of his new toys together, and he threw up again! He has been sick ever since, but I think he is finally getting over it.

Now about the party. I stress easily. The littlest things can stress me out and a big party totally stresses me out. But a party at Chuck E Cheese on a busy Sunday.... Forget it. I will never do that again. Yesterday, I was reminded of why I always have Gavin's birthday parties at our house... It is so much easier! There were like 5 birthday parties going on at one time and the "birthday show" was a mess. Five party hosts screaming at the top of their lungs is not what I had in mind when I booked the party. The kids had fun though, and that's the important thing. Gavin enjoyed seeing friends and family and playing all the games. By 5 o'clock everyone was gone and he was begging to go home because he was so tired (that never happens!). All in all it was a good day. He had a great 4th birthday :) But from now on, we're sticking to house parties.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...