As we all know, Gavin will be four next month. At this point in his life, I don't feel like I need to be watching over him 24 hours a day. If he wants to eat candy (Reece's pieces to be exact) and watch a movie in his room, he is old enough to do so without me being right there next to him the entire time. This is how it all started yesterday. All of a sudden I hear a shrieking Gavin running down the hallway. I quickly rush to the next room to find Gavin, still frantically crying, with his whole pointer finger up his nose. While Kris stands there asking Gavin "what is wrong" and "why he is freaking out." (This is how a man handles the situation.) I am looking at the obvious signs and realize he has a Reece's pieces stuck up his nose. The chocolate is melting in his nose, and at this point, his nose is bleeding. Probably from Gavin sticking his finger up there trying to get it out, but only pushing it up further. He is freaking out. I am freaking out. I am just trying to stay away while Kris uses the tweezers to pull out the chocolate pieces, because in situations like this... I am completely worthless. When my children are in frantic pain, I do not handle it very well. I tend to just panic, which freaks the child out more. Kris gets the last chocolate piece out and we wipe Gavin's face clean. Now we want to know how the chocolate got up his nose, so we ask him.
"Gavin, how did that get up your nose? Did you stick it up there?"
"No. I didn't do it."
"Well then how did it happen?"
"Somebody must have twone it at me, and it went up my nose."
That is the answer we got.
Never a dull moment in this house, I swear.