Thursday, October 7, 2010

What am I gonna do with this girl?

After a hell-ish morning with the kids on Tuesday, I was thrilled when I looked at the clock and saw it was time for Gavin to head to school, and Kenna to lay down for her ONE nap of the day. {I'm a little bitter about the whole ONE nap a day thing.} I lay her in her crib, tuck her into her blanky and tell her night night. Then I walk out the door, quietly closing it behind me. For the next 10 minutes, I hear her screaming. This has become our usual nap routine. I think she is trying to get out of her one nap a day, but I'm just not going to let that happen yet. I mean, she's only 15 months old!!! So I usually let her cry it out and if after 20 minutes, she's still screaming, I go in and tuck her in again. We do this until she is finally peacefully sleeping in her crib.

Well she had other plans on Tuesday. After 10 minutes of crying, she goes silent. I am beginning to think she is drifting to sleep... nope. Not. Even. Close. I hear a loud CRASH, and I go running into her room to find her on the floor, crawling to her bedroom door, crying so hard that she is just completely silent, trying to catch her breath. That's when I realized... she just jumped out of her crib! I swoop her up off the floor, making sure that she still has both her arms and legs in tact, then put her to my shoulder and attempt to calm her down. She didn't get hurt at all, I think it just shocked/scared her. And me too.

I'm not exactly sure how she managed to jump out of her crib. Her bumpers were still in there and I'm thinking she used those as leverage and climbed over the side, then fell to the floor. But that's just a wild guess. Needless to say, I took the bumpers out of her crib that day and she has not jumped out since then. But I still get super nervous every time I put her in her crib because I'm so afraid she's going to fall out again! I'm not ready for her to have a toddler bed! She's not even ready for a toddler bed! Could you imagine how difficult it would be to get her to sleep in one of those??? Something that she could easily climb out of. Ahh gets me all flustered just thinking about it.

That's not all... yesterday while I was in the shower... Kenna took her diaper off and pooped on the floor. Also while I was in the shower.... Gavin stepped in it during a mad dash to the toilet to pee. When I got out of the shower... while cleaning Gavin's foot and the poop on the floor {still in my bath towel, I might add} I stepped in another turd she left on the other side of the bathroom.

It was a fabulous morning.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I'm sorry I swear I'm sorry but that last bit had me burst out a laugh, don't hate me lol. I can't imagine that. I know I had to clear up after my mother when I was a kid, but I have yet to have to clean up Samantha poo off anything other than her butt. I prolly just jinxed myself now...

Simply Stacie said...

I wanted to let you know that you are this Ad winner for the Fun Follow Friday! Your button will be on my blog and My Wee View for 1 week.

Ashley said...

Omg you have your hands full! 15 months and she jumped out? My son jumped out once and it scared him so bad he never did it again. He's now 3.5 and still in his crib! haha. Sorry about the poop, that is no fun!

Little Hatchlings said...

Poor you! You totally had a rough morning! I just can't believe that your baby jumped out of her crib! That is pretty scary! I also have a 15 month old girl and she went from 4 naps a day to 1 nap a day and it all happened last month. I'm frustrated because I cherish my "me" time when she's napping and now there's really no "me" time anymore. The only difference between yours and mine is that mine will simply lay in her crib for up to 2 -3 hours without complaining...she'll just play with her fingers or her dolls in the crib. I'm praying that she won't get any ideas and jump the crib also! LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...