Monday, October 25, 2010

Slow-Cooker Roast with Gravy

Eye of round roast was buy one get one free at my local supermarket a few weeks ago, so we took advantage and stocked up :) Last week, I found a slow cooker recipe for the eye of round roast and adapted it to my family's tastes... It was the best roast I've ever made. The whole family raved about it and my Mom called me the next day wanting the recipe. It's especially great for the days you're out running errands and don't want to come home and have to cook dinner. Just throw it in the crock pot in the morning and its tender and delicious by dinner time!

1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg Lipton onion soup mix
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cups beef bouillon
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 (2-3 lbs) eye of round roast

Combine first 5 ingredients in crock pot and mix well. Add the eye of round roast. Make sure the roast is covered in liquid. I use a 2.5 qt crock pot and everything fits perfectly and the roast stays covered in gravy. If you're using a bigger crock pot, you can add 1-2 more cups of bouillon to cover the roast. Then put the lid on the crock pot and cook over low heat for 8 hours.

I usually transfer the roast to a cutting board, and thicken the gravy with a little cornstarch/water mixture. Then shred the beef and put it back in the gravy. Serve over noodles or with mashed potatoes and enjoy!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Yum this sounds amazing! I love good crockpot recipes and don't have many. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...